LED Light Therapy
is an innovative method of treatment used in Viofor JPS System. It uses incoherent light energy which is generated by high energy diodes LED in visible and infrared light spectrum.
It has analgesic, anti-inflammatory and pro-regenerative effect. Variable magnetic field indicates similar effect. Simultaneous application of both types of electromagnetic radiation increases the therapy effectiveness by the synergy effect, to name one. It is recommended in analgesic treatment, extensive skin inflammation or burns, osseous-joint system diseases or traumas as well as in posttraumatic, post-stroke and neurological rehabilitation. Panel magnetic light applicators allow using led light therapy alone or combined with light and magnetic field therapy (led light and magnetic field therapy). It replaces laser therapy with a laser scanner without the need to meet OHS requirements applicable to laser treatment.
Light energy has mainly a topical effect on tissues. Its penetration inside the body depends on the light wavelength. Tissue reaction depends on energy absorption in each tissue layer. The absorption effectiveness is mainly affected by: tissue thickness, blood supply and flow, water content and presence of pigment. Infrared reactions start at the level of cell membrane, and reactions to red light – in mitochondria.
At the tissue level, mechanism of biological effect of variable magnetic fields and light energy are of similar nature. When applying magnetostimulation together with light, a q effect could be expected, depending on individual characteristics synergetic effect and both types of electromagnetic radiation.
Main biological effects of magnetostimulation paired with light energy should be:
- q- improved oxygen assimilation by its carriers, which improves ATP synthesis in oxidation-reduction systems of aerobic and anaerobic respiration path; increased ATP concentration is directly related to the increased activity of ATP-dependent enzymes, responsible, among others, for protein and collagen synthesis, which better stimulates tissue regeneration process
- strong stimulation of DNA synthesis and cell proliferation
- vasodilatation effect due to direct relaxation of vessel smooth muscular coat, related with accelerated processes of angiogenesis and tissue perfusion, which improves regeneration
- direct effect on liquid crystal membrane structure and on modification of membrane enzyme activity related with increased ATP-dependent ion pumps through increased ATP synthesis in mitochondria; each of the above processes leads to changed membrane permeability, thus to change in electrolyte and water distribution between cells or their organelle and surrounding areas; both processes have a strong anti-inflammatory and anti-swelling effect
- restored ATP-dependent membrane pump activity, which has been lost due to disease-related changes – sodium-potassium and calcium pumps in neurons, which leads to membrane hyper polarization and stimulus blocking, even those of high amplitude; as a result, pain stimuli conduction in afferent fibers is decreased, therefore a clear analgesic effect can be observed
- changed activity of serotoninergic synapses and stimulation of beta-endorphin release and stimulation of pituitary gland-adrenal gland axis accompanied by increased release of clycocorticoids adds to a strong analgesic effect
- regulation of immune system and rheological blood properties